Some people on this list may already be aware of this, so I'll begin with apologies for cross-posting. I thought people will be interested to know that the Therapeutics Initiative is producing a weekly podcast on evidence based drug therapy.

The podcast is designed with family physicians, pharmacists and students in mind. The intention is to provide a healthy dose of evidence based drug therapy information and a smidgeon (or more sometimes) of healthy skepticism. It is also meant to be practical and hopefully entertaining.

The podcasts are presented by Dr. James McCormack, a professor in the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences at The University of British Columbia and Dr. Michael Allan, an assistant professor in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Alberta. Both have extensive experience in not only using evidence in clinical practice, but also teaching and writing about the practical aspects of evidence-based information and are active members of the Therapeutics Initiative's Education Working Group. For more information about the group, including members' bios go here: http://ti.ubc.ca/en/node/136

We've created a blog for the podcast, through which James and Michael are answering listeners' questions and receiving ideas for future shows. This has proven very popular and we found both the questions and the feedback received from listeners quite insightful.

More information about this new source for unbiased evidence based information can be found here: http://ti.ubc.ca/en/blog/2514 You can listen to any episode right from the website, download any episode to your computer or subscribe to automatically receive the weekly podcast and then listen to it on your computer, iPod or MP3 player.

To subscribe to the podcast through iTunes click here and then press the 'subscribe' button.

Or just click here: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=279020839

Thank you for reading this. Have a great day!

Best regards,

Ciprian Jauca
Program Coordinator
Therapeutics Initiative