Dear Colleagues,

I would like to put together one or more panel/s for the annual meeting of the www.aag.org to take place in Las Vegas in April 2009 related to one or more of the following subjects:

1. Latin American Cities (I could present on urban gangs in Porto Alegre, Brazil).

2. International Institutions (my work is about the so-called Urban International concentrating on the IFHP- International Federation for Housing and Planning and UCLG- United Cities and Local Governments, ex-IULA- International Union of Local Authorities).

3. Non-Western and/or Non-North Hemispheric contributions to Geographical or Social Theory (in this case I could present on some aspect of the work of the Brazilian Geographer Milton Santos).

If you would like to take place in any of these panels, please do let me know by sending an abstract asap and registering to the conference in the website of the www.aag.org sending me your pin number so that I put you in the panel (otherwise the conference organizers will put you elsewhere).

With many thanks and all my best wishes,

Joel Outtes, DPhil
Email: [log in to unmask]