Dear Hilary,
Hope all is well w you.
Please can you advise/remind me... has a date been confirmed for the
conference at the V&A? I have been asked to give a lecture in
Washington and dont want to incur a clash!
Many thanks and best to you

Quoting Hilary Davidson <[log in to unmask]>:

> Postdoctoral Research Assistant
> Staging the Henrician Court
> School of Arts and Humanities
> Starting salary: £23,002, rising annually to £25,135
>
> This is a fixed-term appointment for two years to work on an AHRC-
> funded project entitled ‘Staging the Henrician Court’, under the
> direction of the project’s Principle Investigator, Dr Thomas
> Betteridge. The post will involve working closely with the curators  at
> Hampton Court Palace, particularly Susannah Lipscombe and Dr Kent
> Rawlinson, and with the Co-Investigator on the project, Professor  Greg
> Walker. The successful candidate will be part of the English
> Department at Oxford Brookes University and will be well placed to
> develop a strong research and publications profile. The successful
> candidate will have research experience in Tudor literature and/or
> history. He or she will ideally have research interests in Tudor  Court
> Drama, and experience in the creation of blogs/wikis. An  ability to
> teach in the early modern period may also be an advantage.
>
> You will be responsible for:
>
> archival study into Tudor Court Drama focusing specifically on the
> reign of Henry VIII
> working with members of the project to produce a production of The
> Play of the Weather
> writing a reflective journal of the rehearsal process leading up to
> the production of The Play of the Weather
> creating a website including details of the production process
> writing a substantial introduction to the website
> collating and ordering material for the project’s website/wiki
> writing an academic article on the staging of The Play of the Weather
> and two drama workshops at Hampton Court Palace
> You should have:
>
> a PhD or equivalent in English Literature or History
> experience of archival research
> experience of Tudor drama in performance
> experience in the creation of wikis/websites/blogs
> For further information about the project contact: Dr Thomas
> Betteridge at [log in to unmask]
>
> Ref: 415/16535/MM
>
> Closing date: 26 August 2008
>
> To apply for this position, please download the application pack  using
> the links below, and then upload your completed application  form using
> the "Return completed forms" link.
> Additional Information for Applicants
> Application Form
> Job Details
> Support for new academic staff
> Download Application Pack (Contains all documents, in Word format)
>
> Return completed forms
> Request application form by post
>
> Further Details
>

> Hilary Davidson
> Network Facilitator
> AHRC Early Modern Dress and Textiles Research Network
> Dept. of English and Drama
> Queen Mary, University of London
> Mile End Road, London, E1 4NS
> Mob. 07786 534435

Viccy Coltman (Dr)
Senior Lecturer
History of Art
20 Chambers Street
Edinburgh EH1 1JZ
0131 650 4124

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.