Schools and Young Audiences E-Learning Managers x 2
1 x Permanent position (focus on primary students, teachers and families)
1 x 5 year contract (focus on secondary students, teachers and young
people)
£24,848 pa

Help bring World Cultures to life…
You will contribute to the creation of our Digital Discovery Centre and develop
cutting-edge e-learning programmes and resources which will ensure children,
young people, teachers and families are able to access and learn about our
diverse and extensive collection using digital technologies. In this challenging
and rewarding role you will develop, manage and evaluate our e-learning
sessions and resources, promote this provision across the organisation and
beyond, and by doing so, establish the Museum as a leader in museum-based
e-learning. You will also be directly involved in teaching school groups of a
relevant age to your position, as well as running teacher training and sessions
for families.

You will be educated to degree standard with experience as an e-learning
educator in a museum or other heritage/cultural institution or in a school
context. Along with a practical up-to-date understanding of learning and the
curriculum, you will also possess excellent practical competence in the
educational use of digital technologies, a strong knowledge of the hardware
and software required for e-learning and also solid experience in the
development and delivery of e-learning programmes for a target audience. As a
highly imaginative and engaging communicator you will interact easily with a
wide range of individuals both internal and external to the Museum and will
work well within a team. A good understanding of project management,
including the delivery of multiple tasks to deadline and managing budgets, is
essential. Occasional weekend working may be required.

For further information or a full application pack, please visit
www.britishmuseum.org/jobs or email [log in to unmask] quoting reference
75433

Closing date: 30 September 2008.