	From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. on behalf of Adrian McDonald
	Sent: Thu 04/09/2008 15:07
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: recommendations refused by funding body

	A funding body has refused to support some of the recommendations that
	have been made for student with AS, ADHD and Dyspraxia, namely a tablet
	laptop and a PDA (stating they both do the same thing), course related
	software to the tune of £300 (this student will really struggle to work in a
	shared environment) and some travel costs (this student is unable to take
	public transport). I am happy with the recommendations made but the local
	authority is refusing to budge. What can I/the student do now?