-----Original Message-----
From: Cycling and Society Research Group discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Cox
Sent: Monday, 15 September 2008 10:41 pm
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: e-journal?

Hello all,

Full of inspiration after the UWE gathering, I've been having a word with
our university research office and the possibility is present to establish a
formal, peer-reviewed, online journal e.g. "Research in Cycling and
Society".

The first question is whether there would be sufficient support for me to go
ahead with this .

It would be hosted by University of Chester but have a web portal of its
own.
The possibility exists there for any other institution or department to be
listed as a supporter if willing to provide a nominal sum to help establish
the nec. seed capital and finance for copy editing.

Volunteers would also be needed to be part of the editorial team.
I'd be happy to co-ordinate.

This would provide us with an initial voice and outlet for our various bits
of research that we are engaged with and an ongoing means of publication for
those necessary bits of work that don't seem to always find a home in other
journals, and for the publication of developed conference papers.

What do people think?