Greetings everyone,

Firstly, am disappointed I couldn't be at the UWE get-together with our isolation in Oz. But may I bring your attention to the recently published Fact Sheet 'Cycling is Good for Communities' which I wrote (with some help from key folk here) for the Bicycle Federation of Australia. See:

http://www.bfa.asn.au/cms/uploads/resources/bfa%20fact%20sheet%20-%20social.pdf

The BFA is producing a series of Facts and Issues Sheets on cycling to promote the cause. My contribution was effectively that on 'cycling and society'. I'm currently turning the text into something a little larger and looking at a journal submission late this year or early next. I'm open to collaboration on that task if anyone wants to get in touch.

As for whether there is demand for a stand-alone journal Peter, that really depends on what you believe to be the size and interest of the community of researchers you're tapping in to. But yes, there'd be interest from some transport, health and social sciences audiences in Australia and New Zealand. If you're going ahead, let us know.

Cheers,

Matt

--- --- --- --- ---
Dr Matthew I Burke