From: A forum for critical and radical geographers [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dr Hillary Shaw [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 24 September 2008 19:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New-labour class train travel

Party Political Broadcast by New Labour, tonight, 7pm, showed one of the New Labour ministers travelling by train.  All very ecological of course - except that he was evidently in First Class.  In view of the credit crunch being suffered by most of the rest of us, and the high level of train fares generally, wouldn't 2nd Class have been more appropriate, maybe even more appealing to the voters.  How many of the voters N-L seeks to get can afford 1st class travel, or have even ever travelled in 1st class once in their life.

Machiavelli once said, if a King conquers a new land, he should 'go and live there' - meaning, show he's in touch with his new suibjects before they rebel.

Not sure what Marx thought of Machiavelli, but I'm pretty sure Marx would have rather seen 2nd Class on tonight's P-P-Broadcast.

Hillary Shaw, Newport, Shropshire.

Academic Excellence at the Heart of Scotland.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.