See below for a range of up-coming events, public discussions and screenings in Glasgow…

Free Market

Public Discussions and Film Screenings - 10 - 23 October

markets 324 gallery space will be open for use as a resource area with a book table and chairs and tea and coffee facilities. If you would like to arrange a group visit or if you are doing research or studying and have an interest in any of the events please call: 0141 556 7276

or email: [log in to unmask]

Events Listings:

Eastwards Ho! A New Urban Frontier?

A series of films addressing conflicts over urban

space, regeneration and privatisation.

Friday 10 October until Saturday 18 October

Gallery Open: Tues - Saturday 12 - 6pm

Open by Appointment - Monday 13th October 12 - 6pm

Introductory Talk by Simon Yuill: Friday 10 October 7pm

Organised by Variant collective: www.variant.org.uk

Glasgow Games: Genuine Legacy or Gentrification?

A Public Discussion convened by Libby Porter

Saturday 11 October 1pm,

Guest Speakers: Petra Biberbach and Jo Winterbottom

Statement of Existence

A Debate on the role of Awards in Design Education and Industry

convened by After the News

Thursday 23 October, 6pm

market gallery

334 Duke Street, Glasgow, G31 1QZ

t/f: +44(0)141 5567276

Registered Charity: SC030526

market gallery is supported by the Scottish Arts Council and Glasgow City Council

/25 Libby Porter <[log in to unmask]>

David, how are we going with the advertising for the event? Would you be
able to forward me the final flier/advert you produced - and I'll distribute
it to my networks also.
Thanks
Libby

Dr Libby Porter
Lecturer in Spatial Planning
Department of Urban Studies
University of Glasgow
25 Bute Gardens
Glasgow G12 8RS
Phone: 0141 330 3664
Email: [log in to unmask]

Interested in progressive planning? Check out Planners Network UK
www.pnuk.org.uk

The University of Glasgow is a registered charity, reference SC004401

--
Hope Street Studios,
15 Hope Street,

Tel: + 44 (0) 141 221 5888