Hi Jan

this is probably the same feature in Saturn headers that's upset the xdl_view display of very strong pixels in ipmosflm (though it doesn't affect iMosflm, and doesn't actually affect processing).

RAXIS_COMPRESSION_RATIO was set to (I think) 32 in older Saturns, but this value is not part of the standard used by Rigaku - in principle, it can be any value, and any software that expects it to be a particular value may well end up with problems. Newer Saturns certainly have RAXIS_COMPRESSION_RATIO set to 128 in at least some of the images I've seen.

So if XDS doesn't expect 128, and it bombs out as a result of it, this is probably one for Kay or Wolfgang to fix! (I say this not knowing much about running XDS - there may be a command-line way to get round the problem)

I really hesitate to say this, but if you want to get started processing quickly you'll have to use alternative software (Mosflm, d*Trek come to mind straight away, although I understand there's another program that's quite popular - its name escapes me ;-)).