Dear Brett,

since your deltaH contribution gets weaker, and the deltaS contribution
changes from negative to neutral, you could have a case of enthalpy-entropy
compensation (see e.g.Dunitz JD (1995) Win some, lose some: enthalpy-entropy
compensation in weak intermolecular interactions. *Chem Biol* 2, 709–712).
As for the discrepancy between the pull-down and the ITC, remember that a
pull-down is not an equilibrium measurement. If you keep washing long enough
(hours, days, months), you will eventually lose all binding. The length of
time required to wash it off is partly dependent on the kinetics of binding
and unbinding. SPR could answer if that's the case.

Other things to consider:  temperature difference between ITC and pull-down?

Cheers

Filip Van Petegem

--
Filip Van Petegem, PhD