From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jayashankar
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2008 5:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] Crystallogrphy today

Dear friends and crystallographers,

During One of my lab meeting ,

I told twinning in crystals are ok, because ccp4's recent releases just need the keyword TWIN to solve them,

As a new generation research student, I am now confused, is that I need to learn and understand all programs(so many...but research does not  mean relaying on them)
to solve my crystallographic problems(is that all)....
if you see all the queries in ccp4BB is just about undocumented or misunderstood program oriented questions.

is  that all i have to learn in crystallography in future.
Still upto what limitations we are now in crystallography.
this is my very naive and prime question.

1.Phase problem
2.twin problem
3.solving intrinsically disordered proteins
4.hetro multimeric proteins
5.high order oligomers
6.cryo crystallography
7.automation in high through put crystallography
8.radiation damage
9.kinetic crystallography
10. crystal growth research (antigravity, pressure )
11.stereo graphics

if i am right all the above has been studied (....what we are not clear still about them),

I need an answer to motivate me in doing my research in Crystallography.

S.Jayashankar
(A confused new generation research student)
Research Student
Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
Hannover Medical School
Germany