Hi Jan

We had this problem, I think it's because the character strings used to
store pathnames are only 80 chars long, so if you have a long pathname
(you didn't show your full pathname!) then it has a problem.  You can
either fix the program, or do as we did make a soft link in the current
directory.

Cheers

-- Ian

On
> Behalf Of Jan Dohnalek
> Sent: 17 September 2008 10:02
> To: ccp4bb
> Subject: Topp fails: TOP: Open failed: File: /people/...../myfile.pdb
>
> Hi all,
> Using the 6.0.2 distribution of CCP4, the top program keeps failing
> because it just can't see the pdb files. The files can be accessed by
> the text viewer of CCP4. (the button VIEW)
> I have tried to put them in other directories to make the path string
> shorter, etc. None of those helped.
> I have tried moving to various Linux versions (64bit,32bit, var.
levels
> of Fedora or RHEL)....
>
> Any ideas?
> Jan Dohnalek
>
> --
> Mr. Jan Dohnalek, Ph.D
> Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry
> Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
> Laboratory of Structural Analysis of Molecules
> Heyrovskeho nam. 2
> 16206 Prague 6
> Tel: +420 296809205
> Fax: +420 296809410
>
> http://protein.awardspace.com/

Disclaimer
This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information intended solely for the named addressee(s). It may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient you must not review, use, disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Astex Therapeutics Ltd by emailing [log in to unmask] and destroy all copies of the message and any attached documents.
Astex Therapeutics Ltd monitors, controls and protects all its messaging traffic in compliance with its corporate email policy. The Company accepts no liability or responsibility for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the Astex Therapeutics domain.  Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are those of the individual sender and not of Astex Therapeutics Ltd. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of computer viruses. Astex Therapeutics Ltd accepts no liability for damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. E-mail is susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, and tampering, Astex Therapeutics Ltd only send and receive e-mails on the basis that the Company is not liable for any such alteration or any consequences thereof.
Astex Therapeutics Ltd., Registered in England at 436 Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0QA under number 3751674