Please see below call.

Call for Proposals for Diamond

Dear Colleague,

I'm pleased to announce our next call for proposals for the fifth allocation period AP5 (April 2009 – September 2009) is now open.  This is for direct access mode only.

Direct access is aimed at providing access for beamtime in a 6 month period.  This call is applicable to all operational beamlines I02, I03, I04, I06, I11, I15, B16, I16, I18, I19, I22, B23 & I24.  Please note the 4 beamlines which came online in October 2008 (I11, I19, B23 & I24) will be operating with reduced beamtime.  Please refer to the beamline web area for further information on the beamlines and we recommend that you discuss your experiment with the Principal Beamline Scientists before submitting your proposal.  Applications should be made via the online proposal system which is available on the home page of the User Office on the external site.

Users should look at the guidelines and instructions in the Information tab before starting; they have been updated to give details on the alternative method of inputting sample data via an excel file (this is recommended for users with more than 3 samples) and the minor modification to the online software. Proposals which have previously been submitted will be available and can be used as a template for a new proposal simply by using the copy button.

Please note, if you are using an old proposal as a template for a new proposal then please go through all sections of the online system before you resubmit.

The deadline for this call is before midnight on Wednesday 1st October 2008.

The Diamond Peer Review Panel will assess proposals for this period on scientific merit and will advise Diamond Management accordingly.  Users will be informed of the decision on proposals in January 2009.

If you have any problems with the software or have any other questions then please contact the User Office on [log in to unmask] or +44 (0) 1235 778571.

Kind Regards

Sue

Sue Judge

User Office Manager