I have checked /etc/hosts, it is similar to what you say. I also tried to set it exactly the same as
yours. But it did NOT work. Thanks!

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:24 PM, Ben Eisenbraun <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:48:27AM +0800, Yingjie Peng wrote:
> I have installed the latest version of CCP4i under Fedora 9 on my laptop
> HP Compaq 6515b (two processors). The system setup was done and the CCP4i
> interface can run normally. But if I submit a job, it displayes
> "STARTING" the job in the job window and will NOT actually run the job.
> Also I can NOT kill the job with its status as STARTING.

I have seen similar behavior before.  Is your /etc/hosts correct?  The
localhost line should look like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost

Some of the CCP4 utilities act as miniature servers and bind to localhost
to communicate between the GUI and the process.  If this is actually the
problem, you should see output in the shell that started ccp4i similar
to this:

ERROR running script can not connect to server port (RunNotification)
SERVER_HOST  localhost SERVER_PORT 4441

-ben

--
Ben Eisenbraun
Structural Biology Grid                           Harvard Medical School