Dear Eugenio,

I believe the paper by Chang VT et al 2007 (PMID: 17355862) might offer the answers you're after (assuming N-glycosylation is your main concern). For O-linked sugars, the situation is much more complex, reflecting their diversity: mucin-type can usually be dealt with by construct design (eliminate Ser/Thr/Pro-rich domains), for other types have a look at http://www.prozyme.com/pdf/gk80110.pdf for example.

Best wishes,

radu

A. Radu Aricescu, PhD
University of Oxford
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
Division of Structural Biology
Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN
United Kingdom
Phone: +44-1865-287551