Dear CCP4bbers,
I have a protein molecule(~9.0 kDa) that crystallized in the presence of 0.15M KBr and HEPES pH 7.0. Since there is no homologuous structure present, I intend to perform heavy metal derivatization. I read some literature which suggested that I could carry out quick soak with 0.5M Sodium iodide. I was wondering if I could soak my crystals with a similar concentration of NaBr and collect some low resolution data at the in-house source? In addition should I try to also introduce other heavy metals? it might be worth mentioning that my protein carries no methionine/cys residues.
I have no prior experience in doing this. So, it would  be of great help if I could be directed towards literature/protocols pertaining to this. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
--
Amit Sharma