Dear Tommi,
I'm not sure whether 'test data sets part I'  relates to the query  I
mailed the other day but,  in light of the  recent posts regarding
fundamental literature, your suggestion seems an excellent one.

Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places, but finding examples of
image sets exhibiting e.g., radiation damage, crystal slippage,
autoindexing failures or any of the aberrations shown in Phil Evans'
excellent scala tutorial seems  difficult. Likewise for examples of good
and bad final-refinement maps. Making primary/intermediate data
available would benefit both students and algorithm
comparison/validation (e.g.  measuring performance on standard data sets
is routine in data-visualization/image-processing papers).

Tommi Kajander wrote:

> Also, i think that would be nice if this type of info could be put on
> the web, part of the wiki for instance..
> if there is some consensus to what works + the typical proteins
> easily  available.
>
> Tommi Kajander, Ph.D.
> Structural Biology and Biophysics
> Institute of Biotechnology