We have had great success using the Mosquito for protein dispensing coupled with the CyBi-Well (by CyBio) for daughtering from the deepwell master into the crystallization plates.

We  use both the Hamilton Microlab Star & Alchemist for making optimization screens in plates & DWMB.

The imager we use is the Formulatrix Rock Imager.

Hope this helps!
annie

Annie  Hassell
Glaxo Smithkline
5 Moore Drive
RTP, NC  27709
919/483-3228
919/483-0368 (FAX)

"BichitraKumar Biswal" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: "CCP4 bulletin board" <[log in to unmask]>

18-Sep-2008 02:04
Please respond to [log in to unmask]

cc
Subject
[ccp4bb] Regarding crystallization robotic system

Hi, I am planning to purchase a crystallization robotic system (dispenser, screen maker and imager). As far as I know the following components are available.

1. Protein Dispenser- mosquito, phoenix

2. Screen maker - alchemist II, Freedom EVO (Tecan) and Microlab star line (Hamilton). Freedom EVO can also dispense protein.

3. Imager - Minstrel II and TriTek

I shall appreciate any suggestions on these components. I also would like to know which components are commonly used in macromolecular  crystallography laboratories world wide.

Thanks in advance

Bichitra K. Biswal, PhD
Staff Scientist
National Institute of Immunology