Hi Vince,

There is a very nice paper by Monika Budayova-Spano in Acta Cryst 63D
2007 339-347. "A methodology and an instrument for the temperature-
controlled optimization of crystal growth."

Best,
Wally

On Sep 10, 2008, at 2:23 AM, Vincenzo Carbone wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone had some practical advice in regards to
> increasing the size of a crystal. Currently my enzyme forms these
> rather nice cubic and very sharp <0.1mm (in 25% peg 5000, 0.1M
> ammonium sulphate, 0.1M Tris ph 7.0) crystals following optimisation
> of the pH and precipitant concentrations of the initial screening
> condition and by playing with various increasing levels of protein
> concentration 20-60mg/ml.
>
> Has anyone had success with additive screens in increasing crystal
> size and what were they?
>
> Any advice would be useful thanks
>
> Vince

Walter R.P. Novak, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Rosenstiel Basic Medical Research Center
Brandeis University
415 South St. MS 029
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
Phone: (781) 736-4944