This is the summary for my question from Fri, 29 Aug 2008, when I  wanted
to learn about programs that produce a list of  overlapping (conserved)
waters after superpositioning of two structures.

- Somebody who did not want to answer in public offered to send a small
   unpublished program written particularly for this purpose.
- Jens T. Kaiser menstioned that Rasmol, CNS, MAIN and similar programs
   have such featured and listed the lines for Rasmol
     select (water and *:W) and within(0.7,(water and *:X))
     write pdb conserved.pdb
   to select waters that are closer than .7A. I found this code very
   interesting for I like rasmol
- G. Kleywegt mentioned the WAters command in lsqman
     http://xray.bmc.uu.se/usf/lsqman_man.html#S71
   which was handy since I was using lsqman to superpose the two structures.
- G. Sheldrick mentioned (during coffee break) that the envi command in xp
   (that's NOT a  product by Microsoft) would also do the job.

Thank you to everyone who considered my question.

Tim

--
Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie