	-----Original Message-----
	From: HE Administrators equal opportunities list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anthony Houldsworth
	Sent: 15 September 2008 09:15
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: Re: Question on religion

	Dear Abdul,
	Good points. Thank you for the clarification.
	Anthony

	Anthony Houldsworth, FRGS, MNADP
	Diversity and Disability Advisor
	The Institute of Cancer Research
	Sir Richard Doll Building
	15 Cotswold Road,
	Sutton, SM2 5NG
	DL: 020 8722 4129
	Fax: 020 8722 4048
	Email: [log in to unmask]

	Learn more about equality and diversity at The Institute
	of Cancer Research; visit http://www.equalityexcellence.org.uk

	>>> [log in to unmask] 15/09/2008 07:56 >>>

	Anthony,

	The majority of the information you have provided is correct.
However, two points need clarifying:

	1. Salat Qadr can only be used in unforseen circumtsances. So a
person cannot plan to miss a prayer and then pray Qadr. Especially as there
is a large window of time to offer the prayers.
	2. Jumma prayers in congregation on Fridays is a must and can only be
missed through sickness, or if someone is travelling.

	Regards

	Abdul Wahab
	Equality & Diversity Officer
	University of East London