Hello Everyone

I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know, I have finally submitted my project work - the deadline for this is midnight and I should get the results in the next couple of weeks.

The final report was in two parts - part one involved pulling all my research together and some additional work to flesh out certain areas, to include:

  • the origins and descriptions of the design
  • user needs, market requirements and pricing
  • technical feasibility
  • materials, production and costing
  • sustainability

    Part 2 was a report of 750 words titled ’Insights into the Process of Innovation’ - a reflection on the key stages of the product development process to include what has been learnt about the process of innovation and how an understanding of the process would inform any future design products.

    I have also updated the blog (http://tonilouisa.wordpress.com/) with some additional information and photographs - which you may like to take a look at.

    Unfortunately, this is not quite the end for me, there is still one final stage - an End of Course Assessment of 2,400 words on how designers and engineers can contribute to the creation of a sustainable future and who else might determine how sustainable the future turns out to be, which needs to be submitted in October.  ECA’s take a while to mark - once submitted there is two lots of marking, moderation and an award board.  The result for the ECA and the overall result of this course should be known around mid December.

    Anyhow, I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped me out over the past few months - you have been a tremendous help and I could not have got this far without you, so thank you.

    I will of course let you know my project works results and my overall results at the end of the year, which hopefully will see me awarded my degree.

    Thank you all once again so much.

    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    The Information Point for Centronuclear and Myotubular Myopathy

    Information ~ Support ~ Awareness

    Visit our Website at

    www.centronuclear.org.uk

    Read our Latest Newsletter

    www.centronuclear.org.uk/theinformationpoint/newsletter_april_08/cnmnews_april_2008.html

    The Information Point Online Shop

    www.buy.at/theinformationpoint

    Learn About our Design Project

    http://tonilouisa.wordpress.com/

    Member of the National Council of Voluntary Organisations

    Community Champions Fund Recipient * UnLtd Millenium Awards Scheme Recipient

    This communication is strictly confidential and intended only for the addressee above.  If you are not the named addressee or have received this communication in error please do not read it, but notify us immediately and then delete it from your computer.  The contents must not be disclosed to any other person and you must not take copies of it.  We take reasonable steps to ensure that emails sent by us are tested for software viruses but we do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage which may occur from using this email or any attachment.

    ----------End of Message---------- Run by SURFACE for more information on research, consultancy and the distance taught MSc. in Accessibility and Inclusive Design programme visit: http://www.surface.salford.ac.uk Archives for the Accessibuilt discussion list are located at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/accessibuilt.html