Sue,

I've always regarded the managed external environment as a 'facility'
under Part III, an approach which has proven quite effective as it gives
us an effective tool to persuade elected members to release funds for
highway issues or surfacing changes. This approach was also been adopted
by our highways department, until we lost them to the County Council,
but the team I worked with still views it as such.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Rob Bracewell BA (Hons)
Access Officer,
Forward Planning Team,
Planning Services,
Lancaster City Council,
Palatine Hall,
Dalton Square,
Lancaster,
LA1 1PW
Tel. & Minicom. 01524 582372 (please use announcer)
Mobile: 07792439623
Fax. 01524 582322