We recently attended a wel grown 15 year old girl who presented with a Glascow Coma Scale score of 3 after an evening of bourbon and ecstasy (MDMA or Methylenedioxymethamphetamine) ingestion. The ecstasy was stronger than usual.
She developed rhabdomyolysis with CKs of 100,000 U/L. She also developed some renal embarassment with creatinine to 190 umol/L and some hepatic injury as well.
She is good now. Laughing and joking.
My question has to do with a Troponin T (NR: <0.03) of 0.15 ug/L obtained at about 60 hours while the CK was still 60,000 U/L. No myoglobin measured.
She has had no evidence of cardiac injury by rhythm, ECG, symptoms, or physical signs. No cardiac ultrasound undertaken.
I expect that all of this TnT is skeletal TnT not cardiac TnT. What do you reckon?
Thanks.

Michael P Metz
BS, MD, FAAP, MAACB, FRCPA
Chemical  Pathologist