From: fiona beglane <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 5:54:43 PM
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] 'withered' horncore

That's an interesting idea Deb.  Searching the internet - sometimes it goes wrong in modern husbandry and the animal ends up with a small horn.  Also came across a reference to using an elastrator (castrating band) for dehorning adult goats.  http://www.hoeggergoatsupply.com/info/elastrator.shtml so this would be similar to your idea of tying a tourniquet around the horn.

Thanks
Fiona