Hi Alexa,

this is quite simple to do in matlab, though there is a bit of fiddling
around involved.

1. Read the image in a matrix (use spm_read_vols)
2. and create a binary mask using a threshold that you think is suitable.
3. You can identify the different clusters by using the function
"bwlabeln". This function basically labels connected components in
binary images (your mask) and you can also specify the connectivity,
e.g. 8, 26 etc. Look at the help information in matlab. If I am not
mistaken SPM uses 18 connectivity (but I may be remembering wrong.
Please correct me).

The output of the functions is a matrix (same dimensions as the input)
with voxels labeled according to the cluster they belong to.

4. You can then use "find" to get the voxel coordinates for each
cluster, e.g. find(mask == 1) for cluster 1.

This way you can also count the number of voxels per cluster (the length
of the index) and you can also use the output from "find" to extract the
statistical values from your original statistical image. To get an index
that is for 3-D images, you can use "ind2sub". To get the peak value
just use "max" on the extracted values and use the index from "max" to
get the voxel coordinates.

Does that make any sense? Sorry for not sending a script, but I don't
have one for exactly what you are asking. Let me know if you have
trouble writing it though. I'll be happy to help out. I am still in
Edinburgh.

I hope you are well,
Marina