Greetings!

I'm very new to agent-based modeling, joining this mailing list
because the description of ABM that I read from the handbook chapters
suggests that it could be very useful to the topic I am studying.  But
I was still wondering about a few things and I hope someone here on
the list might help me.

1. Is it possible to specify several different types of agents in the
simulation? By types I mean (1) different values on a particular
parameter; or (2) different goals or constraints. Will such models be
possible using available software such as NetLogo, or will I have to
write my own program in a lower-level language?

2. If I'd write such a program, can you recommend a book, a paper or
maybe a short course that can teach me the actual coding process?

Thank you very much for all your suggestions!

Mingfeng