Clive Orbell-Durrant has 3 books he would like to sell.
With best wishes,
Jane Keskar
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Clive
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:12 PM
Subject: Paperback Kipling

Hello Jane

I'm a book collector who is planning to move abroad and have acquired incidentally to my main interests the following Kiplings: -

A Tauchnitz edition of "The Second Jungle Book", catalogue dated November 1926 and bookseller's label Boekhandel Varekamp & Co, Medan, Deli.  Apart from some foxing, yellowing, one or two small tears and some flaking off to the top and bottom of the spine it's in pretty good shape, especially considering the standard of production.

A Sampson Low paperback edition of "In Black and White" with a reproduction of the A. H. Wheeler Indian Railway Library cover on the front.  Title page lists it as "fifth edition"  the front cover is detached and damaged and most of the spine is missing.  Back cover embossed by W. H. Smith.

A similar volume of "In Black and White" in much better condition.  There is minor damage to the front cover and spine and has a soiled appearance (probably sunlight damage).  Contains a publishers disclaimer slip for using a title previously ised for a book of poems by James Thomson.  No evidence of publishing date.

If the Society or anyone in it would be interested in purchaising any or all of these I'm open to offers.

Yours

Clive Orbell-Durrant