Here are the quotations for the coming week

(August 17th to 23rd):

1. 'I don't mind the trouble so much, though that

was bad enough; but what I resent is this showing

up in print. It wll stick to me like a burr all thorugh

my service... It's too bad of you ...

'I don't know ... have you ever been stuck with a

horse ?'

2. 'You hit hard ... His own people think he's mad.'

'You don't say so ? I'll show you some of his

letters tonight at dinner.

3. '...Look at her from here and tell us how many

spots you count now'.

The sources of last week's extracts (August 10th

to 16th) are as follows:

1.  ('He told me' he said suddenly, ' that my home

address was Jerusalem. You heard that ?' ...) This

is from "The Village that Voted the Earth was Flat"

in A Diversity of Creatures.

2. ('If you don't stop, I shall come into your house -

in this car - and drive upstairs and - kill you !'...)

This is from "The Vortex" in A Diversity of

Creatures.

3. (The stuff was getting in its work. Bluey, white,

and blue again rolled over the navvy's face in

waves...)  This from "My Sunday at Home" in The

Day's Work.

Good wishes to all, John R