Dear Sirs

I thank you for sending to Footprint Solutions the Managing Paper Records
output.  I have only had a quick glance over this but it certainly looks
interesting & informative.  One area that I would have expected to have been
mentioned is the need to consider sensitive information prior to storage
on-site or indeed sending files to an external storage provider.

We now supply e-Redact (www.e-redact.co.uk <http://www.e-redact.co.uk/> ) to
many of the principle Central Government Organisations that influence what
we do with records and files within the UK.  Some of the more notorious
clients using e-Redact include The Cabinet Office, The Information
Commissioner's Office, The National Archives, The House of Commons, The
Independent Police Complaints Commission and also we are in the process of
signing the Foreign & Commonwealth Office as I write this mail.

We are finding that the impending changes to the Public Record Act may
dramatically increase the volume of FoI & DPA requests that we see submitted
to local and central government organisations and we are currently working
with the Scottish Government and National Archives Scotland regarding the
sensible 'redaction' of information before information is handed off to NAS
for long term archive.

All the best and I hope the comments regarding Document Redaction at source
(i.e. before archive) make sense.

Solution Consultancy Team

Footprint Solutions Limited

Ellesmore House

Wincham Avenue

Northwich, Cheshire

CW9 6GH

Main Tel:  +44 (0) 1606 818 930

DDI Tel:    +44 (0) 1606 818 932

Main Fax: +44 (0) 1606 359 239

Web:        www.footprint-solutions.co.uk

Email:       [log in to unmask]

P please consider the environment before printing this email...

This e-mail and any attachments may contain commercial and / or privileged
information that is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s)
only.

If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately.
Information contained within this e-mail and it's attachments must not be
used,

copied, retained or disclosed to any other person.

The opinions, statements and thoughts expressed within this e-mail and any
attachments are those of the individual sender and not necessarily

of Footprint Solutions Limited.