I second that steve

Sent: 29 July 2008 15:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: How successful has RM been? (was RE: Comparative definitions of Classification and Taxonomy)

Hhm, this seems to be a circular argument which could run and run…

So if everything in the garden is as rosy as Chris describes and everyone is now singing to our tune why all the tales of woe that have filled this debate from others about why RM is ignored, how we are being marginalised, how we are failing to prove our worth and demonstrate ROI etc….

I have a huge amount of respect for all of the RM course providers around the country, most of whom I know very well, but compare the number of students coming out of these courses with the number of new IT graduates being produced each year and you realise just how small beer we really are.  Now when these undergraduate IT courses start including significant RM modules within their core courses then we really might be getting somewhere.

Cheers

Steve