On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Chris Brogan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The final quote in my essay on that module was from an old marketing quote which I think might be useful for promoting the advantage to be gained by good Records Management…. Don't sell the sausage sell the sizzle. If that means nothing to you then I suggest that a sales course may not go amiss.

Chris
Hit the nail on the head. a sausage is a sausage is a sausage, but a nice smoked bratwurst well that is something else.

I work for a software company. it acquired my predecessor employer. Our ERMS product has a tagline that differentiates us from the others. We call it ZeroClick. And believe me folks remember us.

Yes a good sales and marketing course would be good for all in RM. I would also like to suggest a book that has been invaluable for me. It is titled "Crossing the Chasm" and deals with the adoption of technology. a lot of the information in it can be applied to selling RM in an organization

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_the_Chasm

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va