I've tended to pass Brum on the M6 going North. Couple of times
*mistakenly* gone off the M42 just to play round the houses.

The architecture of Birmingham isn't exactly lauded this side of the
water. I think Pevsner by-passed it on his travels. Crikey, no he
didn't: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Birmingham-Pevsner-Architectural-Guides-Guide/dp/0300107315

I bet the Bullring isn't there.

The centre of Birmingham was notorious for being re-constructed every so often.

But no, I can't remember bypassing those buildings. I went by above 5
years ago, so they could well have sprung up since then. Brummies are
manic builders.

BTB, "highways"?

Roger

My Stuff: http://www.badstep.net/