No ear syringing in principle is still an accepted treatment if done with appropriate equipment and appropriately trained personel. There are various clinical standards available-notablt by the "Action on ENT Steering Board (2002) with a revision by the "Primary Ear Care Trainers (2007)-both have been endorsed by the RCN and the Royal College of GPs, The Primary Ear Care Cnetre and the Medical Devices Agency.

In summary, not to be undertaken if not trained and experienced with the proceedure and only as a final means of wax remval after copious oil soaking.

Regards

Julian Baldock

> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:24:36 +0100
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Ear syringing
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hello All,
>
> can anyone tell me whether or not they syringe ears anymore? I seem to
> remember that the general concensus was not to due to the risk of damage to
> the ear/drum - or was I just imagining that?
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> Regards
>
> Julie
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please remove this footer before replying.
>
> OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html
>
> CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH
>
> OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS
> http://OHJobs.drmaze.net
>
> OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING EDUCATION
> http://www.aohne.org.uk

Sell your car for just $40 at CarPoint.com.au It's simple! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remove this footer before replying.

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net