Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Diagnosis I did not study Latin at school, the choice was Latin or physics but .... could tegm mean skin as  per “integument”????

Anne

On 8/8/08 18:33, "Alan" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Naevi are pigmented lesions
cum fistula = with a fistula, which is a narrow duct or passage
Tegm = I have no idea, could this be a mis-spelling?
thoracis = of the thorax

Unless you can re-interpret Tegm, it could be anything from zits on his chest wall that have been draining onto the skin to melanoma deposits or anything in-between!

Sorry not to have been more helpful

Alan ( latin for Alan)

Jay Chapman wrote:

To all my erudite colleagues

I need help!

I have a client who is ill in his native Poland.  His medical certificate has arrived duly translated but, the diagnosis is in Latin as far as I can see.  It is some years since I did that venerable subject and I am well aware that its reference to medical subjects is far from straightforward.  However, I do need to know what my client is suffering from.  Is there anyone out there who can translate the following for me please?  My efforts do not make sense!

                'Naevi cum fistula tegm thoracis'

I hate seeming to be ignorant but I really cannot untangle this.

Regards

Jay

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net