Hello, Anthony,

This is what I can suggest to your two questions:

1) Now when a teacher logs into the system, and they access a course they no longer have the option to click the 'turn editing on' button

This seems to be a common problem while upgrading to Moodle 1.9 from Moodle 1.8. I have seen posts about it in Moodle.org, although I haven't read them in detail.

2) I have two suggestions:

The first one is related to your email client. Is it Lotus Notes?  I use this one, and I have had similar problems with links that I cannot active from the email folder. I have to copy and paste in a browser, and then it works.

The second suggestion is to check that in the administration menu of Moodle, the display debug messages is on, and that in the "Debug messages" menu, you have at least "show all the reasoble php messages" to see if any more information about the problem is displayed on screen.

Regards

Mari

Mari Cruz García
Learning Technologist
ILSS: Learner  and Excellence Team
Carnegie College
Halbeath
Dunfermline
Fife
KY11 8DY

Tel: 0844 248 0115, ext 5250
Direct Fax: 01383 845078
http://www.carnegiecollege.ac.uk

This email and any attachments may contain private and confidential information and is solely intended for the recipient(s) only. If you have received this email and any attachments in error and you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies. Any views or other information in this message which do not relate to our business are not authorised by us, nor does this message form part of any contract unless so stated.

We offer no guarantees that this email or any attachment will be received error or virus free and accept no responsibility whatsoever in this regard.

Our e-mail system is subject to random monitoring and recording by us.

Carnegie College is a body incorporated under the Further and Higher Education (Scotland) Act 1992. Carnegie College was formerly known as Lauder College. Check out what is new at Carnegie @ http://www.carnegiecollege.ac.uk