Hi

I have recently installed the new 1.9 version of Moodle on IIS.

I have a couple of problems, which I think are related. First of all I have recently restored my previous Moodle courses, which I had to take from an old server that was on its last legs.

Restoring these courses also allowed me to restore some of the users.

Now when a teacher logs into the system, and they access a course they no longer have the option to click the 'turn editing on' button.

I thought it maybe a user problem, so I assigned a teacher as an admin. Unfortunately the button is still not available. But if I login as an administrator, I have no problem at all???

The 2nd problem I have is, if a new user registers with the site - they receive a confirmation email but when they click the link it takes them to a blank page.....any ideas?

I have tried posting this on the moodle forum but so far no one has got back to me, and with the students due to come back – I am having a bit of a stress on L

Thanks in anticipation.

Anthony Critchley

Web Services Manager
Winstanley College