Greetings
Some members may recall an earlier email from me when Lambeth PCT first advertised this post some months ago.  Regrettably although we had a large number of applicants we have found it necessary to readvertise.  The details are on NHS Jobs, see:  http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/extsearch?client_id=120931

The job is a really attractive one for someone with both the vision for what mainstreaming equality could look like in both commissioning and providing health care, the knowledge of what is required and the senior leadership and organisational competencies to carry off the process.  The post is in public health and links strongly to our work on health equity audit where we are developing an integrated approach to equality & equity.  The PCT really does seem to be committed to getting equality right so the successful candidate will be working in a conducive environment with good corporate support.

Previous applicants are welcome to re-apply, however depending on the number of applicants we are proposing a slightly different process to move from a long to a short list involving ½ to 1 day of practical (and interesting and enjoyable!) activities related to the post and an introduction to the PCT.  To reach the long list applicants will have to demonstrate (providing succinct evidence to that effect) in their application that they meet the requirements in the person specification.  Strangely there is little guidance that I can find on NHS Jobs about this point but there are 2 relevant paragraphs, 'the person specification' and 'top tips' which I would recommend on this site; http://www.veredus.co.uk/job/advice.

I'm happy to talk to anyone informally in more detail about the job itself, the qualities we are looking for in candidates and indeed to feedback to people who were unsuccessful last time.

Best wishes and good luck to anyone who applies
Sarah

Sarah Corlett
Consultant in Public Health
Lambeth Primary Care Trust
1 Lower Marsh
London, SE1 7NT
PLEASE NOTE: From April 7th 2008 my telephone number is 020 3049 4223
em: [log in to unmask]

Promoting happiness & mental wellbeing in Lambeth  www.lambethwellbeing.co.uk

DISCLAIMER:

This email and any attachments may contain personal, confidential or proprietary
information and is intended only to be seen and used by the intended recipient(s).

If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure, dissemination, alteration,
forwarding, printing or copying of this email and any attachments is unauthorised.

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete this email and any attachments.

The statements and opinions expressed in this email and any attachments are those
of the author and may not necessarily represent those of Lambeth Primary Care Trust.

Please check for viruses before accessing this email and any attachments. Except as
required by law, Lambeth Primary Care Trust will not be responsible for any damage,
loss or liability of any kind suffered in connection with this email and any attachments
or which may result from reliance on the contents of this email and any attachments.

Please note that this email may be disclosable under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.