Dear Dave,

Yes, the NLW are still very accommodating, but everything changed
considerably after the very publicised theft of ills. from books - and the same  persons
theft of similar things from other significant libraries... the NLW  weren't
the only significant Library caught out by this wretched individual.  Prior to
this event they were very trusting, and such had been the case for many
years.

I haven't had need to go there for a while, but I know that to get a full
card one needs p.graphs etc. (not sure about day passes to see books/docs./Mss
though), and no-one is allowed to carry brief cases or 'containers' of any
description in the Library. I don't blame them for this, and don't have a
problem with it either. Pity the old ways and trust have gone though... however,
such is life these days.

Regards, Bernard