Why do I get no response from the WHO rep in Santo Domingo? Why?

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Ruth Montgomery-Andersen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Midwives,

This type of violence and misuse of women is exactly what ICM has been talking about and trying to heighten the  aware of over the past 10 years.  I think that it is important to look at the initiatives that already are in action and see if we can use them to heighten awareness and to change the situation for the women worldwide.

Obstetrical  violence is a problem anywhere where women are kept subjugated, where there is poverty and where there is illiteracy.

All of the midwives who have answered Stacey have come with constructive suggestions to initiatives that can and must be taken in order to change this situation.  Céline Lemay, words about respectful  maternity care for women is one of keys.

Inussiarnersumik inuulluaqqusillunga/Med venlig hilsen / Sincerely

Ruth Montgomery-Andersen MPH, Dr. PhD Stud

NAPA

Paasissutissiinermik Sulisoq/Informationsmedarbejder

Information Consultant

Box 770

DK 3900 Nuuk

Kalaallit Nunaat/ Grřnland/Greenland