To:
Subject: Free online seminar: Infant bedsharing

I am extremely pleased to be able to announce the next online Elluminate meeting. This meeting will not only be of interest to midwives, but also anyone working with pregnant women and new parents.

Topic: Bedsharing - what happens during the night
The results of a study will be presented in which Sally and her colleagues videoed infants and their parents while they bedshared, or slept in a cot overnight in their own homes. They also monitored infant physiology and matched this with the video data to gain a picture of the potential risks and benefits encountered during bedsharing compared to cot sleeping.

Presenter
Dr Sally Baddock has carried significant research looking at bed sharing and sudden infant death (cot death), as well as use of dummies and breastfeeding. Sally is the Associate Head of the School of Midwifery at Otago Polytechnic and is also a researcher at the University of Otago.

Date: 19th August 2008 New Zealand

Time: 14.00-15.00 NZ Time.

International Times:  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=19&year=2008&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=952

Meeting link:

http://elluminate.tekotago.ac.nz:80/join_meeting.html?meetingId=1211249878996

Just enter your name where it says 'user name'. You do not need a password

The meeting room is available from now so you can have a play with the technology before the meeting.

Using Elluminate

Please check here for more information about how to use Elluminate:

http://onlineprofessionaldevelopment.wikispaces.com/How+to+use+Elluminate

Need extra help?

Please contact me ([log in to unmask]) if you need help with setting up Elluminate. I strongly advise that you try out the technology before the meeting so that any problems can be ironed out and you don't miss the meeting.

For more information, check out my blog:

http://sarah-stewart.blogspot.com/2008/08/infant-bedsharing-what-happens-during.html

--
Sarah Stewart
http://sarah-stewart.blogspot.com