-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Alison [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Subject: Exhibition developer posts at the Science Museum, London - astronomy and medicine

Dear all

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Please find below details of two exhibition developer posts at the Science Museum. These may suit recent graduates in history of astronomy and history of medicine.

Regards

Alison

Content Developer, Cosmos & Culture Project

6 month contract

£23,970 per annum pro-rata, including London weighting

Closing date: 12 September

Cosmos & Culture is a major new temporary exhibition at the Science Museum, opening in 2009 to celebrate International Year of Astronomy. Part of our flagship Ingenious series, it will highlight key objects from the Museum's world-class collections and bring to life the stories of the people who created, built and used them. Reporting to the Head of Content, you will carry out high-quality content research, and develop interpretation ideas and narratives to deliver an authoritative and innovative exhibition. To succeed, you will need to demonstrate a passion for astronomy and its history, a proven track record in researching using a variety of resources, and excellent communication skills. You will be working as part of a creative team in a challenging and dynamic environment.

For a full job description and details of how to apply, see

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/about_us/jobs/Content_Developer_Cosmos_and_Culture_Project.aspx

If you have any further queries about this position please contact [log in to unmask] .

Content Developer, Health Matters Project

6 month contract

£23,970 per annum pro-rata, including London weighting

Closing date: 12 September

The Science Museum is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and knowledgeable researcher to work on an update to the Health Matters gallery, the Science Museum's signature display on modern medicine. The project is an exciting one. Nearly 15 years after it opened, we are taking the opportunity to update the content and the way we engage our audiences with aspects of modern medicine within the gallery. The upgrade will involve developing thought-provoking displays - including a series of new interactive exhibits and films - that explore how people, science and medicine interact to produce a form of medicine that is more successful than any that has gone before. This research role will primarily focus on the section of the gallery that looks at how biomedical research transforms our understanding of health and disease. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to gain experience of museum exhibitions and/or wanting to communicate their understanding of the recent history of medicine.

For a full job description and details of how to apply, see

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/about_us/jobs/Exhibition_Content_Developer_Health_Matters.aspx

If you have any further queries about this position please contact [log in to unmask] .