Dear all,

I'm a new member to the list, as of a few weeks ago. It's great to be a part of such a stimulating and erudite group - thank you all. I'm a doctoral student at Melbourne College of Divinity in Australia, working on a 13th c. Franciscan missal from Perugia, which is owned by the Australian OFMs and kept here in Melbourne. My thesis explores the production and use of this missal as an expression of communal identity amongst the late-thirteenth century Perugian Franciscans. I'm particularly interested in the manuscript production networks that existed between religious and lay groups in Perugia during that period, and also in the expression of communal spiritual identity as read in liturgical manuscripts.

I have a question for the list - when was the translation feast for St Anthony of Padua (15 February) entered into the Franciscan calendar and sanctorale? I know the actual translation itself took place in 1263, when Bonaventure was Minister General. I thought perhaps the General Chapters of either 1263 or 1266 might hold the answer, and I will check these in Luke Wadding's Annales minorum (which, surprisingly to me, has proven inaccurate more than once - now I'm slightly hesitant to rely on it alone). Does anyone have any suggestions or other references? I'd be very grateful for any assistance.

Thanks,

Anna Welch

Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7- Find out more. ********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html