Dear All,

Two small points raised by Tom's appeal.  First, Heresy and Orthodoxy is the _special_ theme for the 2009 International Medieval Congress at Leeds, not the theme of the entire congress.  As in past years, proposals for scholarly papers on topics entirely unrelated to the special theme are just as welcome.

Second, the end of this month is the deadline for single-paper proposals.  The deadline for organized sessions is the end of September.  So as not to overburden the Congress staff (or Tom, in the case of the sessions he's organizing), submissions reasonably well in advance of those deadlines are of course encouraged.

Best,
John Dillon

On Wednesday, August 13, 2008, at 9:19 am, Tom Izbicki wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> The theme for the 2009 Leeds is Heresy and Orthodocy.  See the Call
> for
> Pages page:
>
> http://www.leeds.ac.uk/ims/imc/imc2009_call.html
>
> I am organizing sessions on Political Use of the Accusation of Heresy.
>
> Thus far I have 5 proposed papers, most concerned with Marsilius of
> Padua, William of Ockham and their later place in political debate.
> There still is room for more papers, and I need a volunteer to chair
> the
> session in which I hope to give a paper.  Please contact me soon.  The
>
> deadline is at the end of this month.  A working title is necessary,
> and
> an abstract would help me put things into order.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]