*** This email has been sent from the MEDIA ARTS AND DANCE email forum. To respond to all subscribers email [log in to unmask] ***

This is an open call for applications from dance filmmakers, living and working in England to apply to our commissioning fund of £56,000 to make new single screen dance film or video for cinematic presentation.

This is a new ideas-led commission scheme which exists to create original, innovative screen dance on a budget appropriate to the concept. The total fund available is £56,000, the largest amount of commissioning funds South East Dance has offered to date, and artists can apply for any amount up to the total of £56,000 depending on their experience and the nature of the project.

We may support several films or one, based on the proposals that are submitted. Our task is to support the best ideas that we can realise on the budget available.  We will endeavour to award artists the whole budget that they require to create their film and we are happy to discuss

co-commission opportunities should artists have some funding in place.  We will work with an expert panel to choose which project or projects to support.

Applicants have the choice to submit either a written proposal or an audio-visual proposal on DVD.  Please see our How To Apply guidelines for further information.

As part of our commitment to excellence, we encourage diversity amongst practitioners and audiences of screen dance. South East Dance welcomes proposals from applicants from every contemporary arts discipline; however we are looking for proposals that show clear choreographic intent.

For our an Application Pack and full How to Apply Guidelines, please visit:www.southeastdance.org.uk/screen-commissioning.htm

For more information contact: [log in to unmask]

Simon Fildes
Lecturer and Researcher in Media Arts and Dance
School of Media Arts and Imaging
Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design
University of Dundee
Dundee
Scotland, UK

+44 (0) 7813714951