Call for Papers
---------------

Sexual Fetishes and/in Literature and Film

*****
---> Date of Publication: July 2009
---> Date of Colloquium: 1-3 May 2009 (Paris)

---> Submissions beginning NOW, ending: 13 October 2008
*****

We welcome 12 more essays of interest to those concerned with the study of
sexuality and/in literature or film. The collection of essays will be
published in July 2009 with Rodopi and will contain 25 scholarly articles
on "Sexual Fetishes and/in Literature and Film."

We are looking particularly for essays relating literary studies and
sexuality studies with each other, answering to the publication's subject
matter. We are especially interested in papers taking polemical positions
concerning the relationship between narrative forms and content and
cultural/philosophic implications.

The publication will be accompanied by a colloquium in Paris in May 2009.
All authors who are decided to be included in the collection of essays will
be invited to participate in the colloquium (1-3 May 2009). All expanses
regarding flights, accommodation and full board will be financed by the
organizers.

Articles of fewer than c. 4,000 words or more than c. 12,000 words are not
considered for publication. The word count includes foot notes but excludes
works-cited lists and translations, which should accompany foreign language
quotations. High resolution pictures (max. 10 per essay) will be considered
for print.

Each article submitted is send to two reviewers in international
departments of literary study and psychology. Articles recommended by these
readers are then sent to the members of the editorial board, who meet in
late January 2009 to make final decisions. Until a final decision is
reached, the author's name is not made known to consultant readers and the
editorial board. It is our policy not to review articles that are under
consideration elsewhere.

Submissions, prepared according to the "MLA Style" should be sent
electronically (MS Word document) to:

---> Project Assistant: Dr. Philipp Koteas :
cfp-fetish_at_albertina-foundation.org

Please enclose a brief cv and publication list. All authors of articles are
not paid but will receive 15 offprints free of charge and a copy of the
publication.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact the responsible project
assistant, Dr. Philipp Koteas: cfp-fetish_at_albertina-foundation.org

*****
US Albertina Foundation for Academic Excellence and Europäische
Stiftung-Albertina für Akademische Exzellenz at
www.albertina-foundation.org and www.stiftung-albertina.org

--
Iain Robert Smith
Institute of Film and Television

Head of Communications,
MeCCSA Post-Graduate Network
website: http://www.meccsa.org.uk/pgn/

Articles Editor,
Scope: An Online Journal of Film and Television Studies
website: http://www.scope.nottingham.ac.uk/