Updated Call for papers

A Journal and Forum for Postgraduates in English

In the UK and Europe

Postgraduates studying in the UK and Europe are invited to submit papers
of
not more than 7000 words on the topic of "Literature as Process" within
the
broad range
of English Studies for Issue 18 of this fully refereed online journal.

Papers MUST conform to the MLA guidelines for presentation

EXTENDED DEADLINE: submissions must be received no
later than September 30th 2008.

Literature as Process
"I always go on until I am stopped, and I never am stopped."
(Percy Bysshe Shelley)

We invite papers from every area of English studies considering this
theme and related issues in literature. Areas of interest may
include:
-Authorial process (writings and rewritings)
-Editing/commercial/audience pressure and considerations
-Authorial strategies (such as the fragment)
-The status of the author (as producer, prophet, artist etc.)
-Self-figuring

IN ADDITION we invite you to send us 1000-word papers on the topic of "A

Guide
to Getting the Best Out of a Conference." We would like to offer
practical and
friendly advice as to how best to prepare for the conference papers,
techniques
and tips for first-time speakers, and any recommendations. Any
techniques or
stories of your own or a friend's experiences are welcome. These papers
are
intended to offer helpful advice and support for other PhD students who
will
be attending conferences. Papers on all topics surrounding this issue
are
welcome.

We can also advertise postgraduate conferences in the UK and Europe if
requested.

This journal publishes papers from PhD or other research students in the
UK
and Europe ONLY. Please include the following information in the email
when
submitting your work: name of University, full title of program, title
of
essay.

Visit our website at:

www.dur.ac.uk/postgraduate.english/journal1.htm

Please send submissions and Forum content to the editors, Shane Collins
and
Madeleine Callaghan via: