From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lynn Osborne
Sent: 11 August 2008 11:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Fines etc

Hear, hear.

What everyone is failing to note is that fines are completely avoidable. Nobody need pay them if they return or renew their loans, and with the ever increasing means of carrying out renewals in most authorities, including online and 24hour automatic phone renewals, there is no excuse. Where a valid reason is made, (illness, bereavement etc., then most libraries have a waiver policy and act accordingly)

Lynn Osborne