  From: Lynne Jones
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 4:36 PM
  Subject: Re: Leadership and the role of public libraries (originally Cipfa....)

  Yes but what's wrong with a bit of freeform chat on a Friday? (or any day) Don't discussions of this kind spark offshoots and sometimes ideas? Fairly often comments are made that seem to put the lid on discussion - if I were a young up and coming librarian instead of an old and ex-one I'd be scared to say anything!

  My answer to your original question is that I don't know the answer.  I am surprised that no one has supplied the info you requested so far.

  In the meantime is there no place on this list for further discussion of issues that have spun off from your posting and from others?  The issues that cause the controversy are so critical to the future of libraries. And no trees were destroyed.

  Lynne